Friday, March 11, 2011

past midnight and sleep is nowhere in sight...

i have insomnia.

There. i said it. i have the hardest time sleeping. it's nice on one side: i have plenty of time to watch Golden Girls and Saved by the Bell while i crochet.... but on the other side, it kinda makes me crazy. i mean, i stay up until 3, 4 or even 5 every night- even if i have taken a sleeping pill at 10:30-11:00!!! so that's mostly why i can get so many projects done on a daily basis- i owe it all to insomnia. i don't know whether i should talk to my doctor about it. i don't know what he can help me with...besides telling me the info i already know. oh well.


currently, i'm working on making some leg warmers- just for fun! haha. they are so cheesy and waaaay retro, but that's the best part about them! hopefully i can post the pictures tomorrow, if i can finish them tonight. i think the other project i want to start is a Care Bears beanie. i already have the idea in my mind. i don't like to use other people's patterns, unless i have to or if it's something i've never made. but for pretty much everything i've made, i just wing it. that's always worked for me when it comes to creating things. art, clothes, and even when it comes to dying and cutting my hair. i just like to pretend like i know what i'm doing, go for it and usually it comes out the way i planned. haha.


the only creation i've got for today's post is an older one, but i forgot to put it up! my niece Saige came to my house and demanded i make hats for her Barbie and her horse, named Horse.

Barbie and Horse looking ever so chic in their hats!


i guess the other day when my niece asked her mom (my sis Jill) if i would come hang out with them, Jill told her "well, i don't know. i don't know what she's doing tonight." and Saige replied, "she's making hats!!!" haha. she's so funny. but she knows what she's talking about, cause that was very true!

i'm off to finish the leg warmers and start the Care Bears beanie.

au revoir!

1 comment: