Wednesday, February 23, 2011

first timer...

this is the first time i've ever attempted to 'blog'. the only blogs i've ever been on are postsecret and some random person's. so i'm not really sure how this goes, but time will tell if i can get a hold on it.

i first just wanted to say hello! and mostly just get straight to the point of why i want to start this. i like to crochet. in fact, i love to crochet. so i wanted somewhere, besides my facebook, to post pictures of my creations, and have a history of them. i do not promise to add things daily, but i will promise to update often!

i first started to crochet when i was about 12. i got a third of the way into an afghan and i quit. then, 10 years later, on Thanksgiving of 2010, i picked it up again. thanks to the help and patience of my mom. she's a crocheting genius, so who better to learn from?! since then, i have made (and sold) several hats, gloves, baby cardigans, keepsake cupcakes (more on those later), and all kinds of on-the-spot Barbie clothes for my niece.

i hope to continue this craze for as long as i still love it. i crochet daily, and use my own patterns for 90% of my work. i joke that i have an addiction, or rather that i'm "hooked" on it. hehehehe. that was some gentle comedy, i know. anywho, i look forward to figuring out this new world of blogging and getting my stuff out there for people to see!

i get so wrapped up in yarn, i've passed it on to my cats! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment